Just 40 km from Thessaloniki, on the west coast of Chalkidiki, Nea Kallikratia is one of the most famous summer destinations in Halkidiki. The nearby distance from Thessaloniki and the wonderful sandy beaches of Kallikratia make the area a pole of attraction residents of Thessaloniki as well as foreign visitors from the Balkans, who escape from the bitter heat of the summer even for one or two nights in hotels or rooms to let of Nea Kallikratia.
The hotels and rooms to rent in Nea Kallikratia as well as the fish taverns and the restaurants and bars are developed along the endless beach. Guests can enjoy the coolness of the sea, fishing, as well as delicious seafood delicacies or their drink accompanied by music or not, since there are plenty of choices to suit the needs of either wild fun or family peace.
- THE MARBLE HINGE OF THE “DAUGHTER OF KALLIKRATIA”, in the square.
- THE PINE HILL, overlooking the Cote d’Azur, overlooking the beach of Nea Kallikrateia.
- THE CHURCH OF THE SAVOUR, in the settlement of Kipoupolis.
- MYKONIATIKA, with organized beach and beach-club.
- THE SEASONAL SETTLEMENT GEOPONIKA, with a wonderful sandy beach.
- THE GREEN LANDSCAPE, with a beautiful beach.
- VILLAGE NEW SILATA, 6.5 km NE. You will see the Byzantine church of the Virgin Mary, next to the modern homonymous church. In the area between Nea Sillata and Petralona, Byzantine watermills have been discovered.
- RODOKIPOS, a settlement with traditional stone houses and a wonderful view.
- THE NEW GONIA VILLAGE, 9,5 km north. You will see a stone-built windmill on a hill above the village. In the location “Isari”, on the route Nea Gonia-Lakkoma, there were found relics of Acropolis of Antigonia, a town that was founded around 280 BC. by the Macedonian King Antigonus Gonatas.